Vocabulary Lists for 2015
To all international students,
Please print these lists off and interpret them so you can use them to help you with unknown words in the classroom.
The International ClubThe International Student Club objectives are to:
- Encourage and foster friendships amongst students from different cultural backgrounds. It does this through initiating, supporting and implementing various social and cultural activities.
- Provide an opportunity to have the students participate in activities outside the school that benefit the entire community.
1. The President
2. The Vice-President
3. The Secretary/Treasurer
President of the International Club
- Provide effective leadership of the overall running of the International Club
- Chair all International Club and International Committee meetings
- Oversee the operation of all activities including International Week and all other activities as decided on by the club.
- Liaise with staff members and other students when necessary
- Report to International Dean on a regular basis
- Enthusiastic and committed to International Club objectives
- Comfortable and empathetic with other cultures and students of different nationalities
- Friendly and reliable
- Leadership skills
- Enjoy organising group activities, specifically:
- International week
- fundraising activities
- Community activities outside the school
- Sense of humour
- Assist the President in running the International Club
- Acts on behalf of the President in her absence
Qualities and Skills:
- As for the President of the International Club
Secretary/Treasurer of the International Club
- To attend all club and committee meetings and take notes
- To bring the club book to every meeting
- To keep a list and contact details of all club members
- To manage all incoming/outgoings funds for the International Club
- To liaise with the President and committee members re financial position of the Club
If you are interested in any of these positions please prepare yourself a speech to present to the rest of the club stating why you would be suitable for one of these roles. This speech is to be presented on the date as decided by the club at the first meeting. Please see Ms Stopforth in the International Office if you have any questions.