If you are looking to write a great CV then try this template!
What is a STAR course?
STAR IS funded by the Ministry of Education to enable senior students to:
- explore career choices
- enrol in extension programmes
- gain credits from unit standards based courses offered by outside providers
- Assist students to make a successful transition from school to the workplace
- Support Maori and Pasifika students to get a taste of tertiary education or provide avenues for them such as in the performing arts
- Study industry based courses at school such as hospitality
- Travel to tertiary institutions for career-related activities
- Gain their Comprehensive First Aid
These are usually run in school time, over 2 – 4 days and are offered by a number of providers. They cover a wide range of topics such as police careers, barista training, hairdressing, agriculture, animal welfare, tourism, media and many others. To find out more about these, come over to see Mrs Newell by the main entrance. Please note that enrolments can only be made by Mrs Newell .
- Check out your Vocational Profile at www.nzqa.govt.nz/login/
See your progress towards achieving NCEA Level 2 with Vocational Pathways on your record of achievement.